October Fun at the NEW Ramona Recommends


Welcome to the NEW Ramona Recommends. Oh my gosh, have I been excited for this day. The talented Megan from
A Bird in Hand Designs
did her magic and created this beautiful, cheery new look. It just fits me and my excitement for books!

As you can see, I did a little dusting this morning too. Moment of the truth- blogging has taken a HUGE backseat this year. Doing a combo is no joke. I love being able to work with two classes, but the planning has become my new hobby. :)

I want to share with you a few fun last week of October ideas!

 Have you heard of Growth Mindset? I had not until this year. I have to say I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I think it is so important for students to understand that "smart" is not the end all be all. We must work to to our full potential. Smart does not define us. So many kids in this generation are terrified to fail. We live in the world of -Everyone gets a trophy. Failure is TOUGH. We need to teach our students what does failure look like and how to rise above. I found this idea on pinterest. I am going to make a GRIT bulletin board outside my classroom door. I took each student's picture last week and uploaded onto powerpoint. The kids were able to pick between growth or fixed mindset. I then found sentences to go with each. Above is my example for the students. 
Want to learn more about growth mindset, check out this free product on TpT from Sara Gardener
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Growth-Mindset-FREEBIE-1988801
 I was feeling really down the other night because I had not made ANYTHING cute in a long time. My cuteness has really taken a backseat. It hurts my heart. This weekend, I decided I needed to take back the cuteness and create some last week of October fun. I created morning messages and fun facts for the kids. Students can earn the MUMMY AWARD which means they were on task and following directions during Morning Memo.



Below is a BINGO freebie. In fourth grade math on FriYAY, we are going to Pumpkin Inventory bingo. There will be skittles involved :) All you have to do is come up with 24 multiplication problems, write the answers on the board , the kids write the answers in any box they prefer. Then you write a problem on the board, they solve- whoever gets a row yells Pumpkin. :) At the end, they can eat their skittles. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4d2OL0R7Zx1VTBqWmF2RnNsX0k/view?usp=sharing
Thank you Creative Clips, KG Fonts, Hello Fonts, and Miss Tiina Fonts
http://www.amazon.com/The-Graves-Family-Patricia-Polacco/dp/014240635X
 Great book for description language.



4 comments

  1. So excited to see you posting again friend! Your new blog is beautiful ! I was THIS CLOSE to being in a combo this year. If anybody can do a combo and do it well it's YOU! Keep on SHINING! Jessica :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new design! Thanks for the Pumpkin Inventory Bingo freebie! :) My kiddos will love this game! It's perfect for the upcoming short holiday week!

    Angela
    The Organized Plan Book

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, I have to say I am so glad I discovered your blog this past year! You share wonderful ideas and are always motivating for me as a teacher. Thank you! I recently read the book Mindset by Carol Dweck. I feel like it really changed the way that I teach (the type of praise I use), and I hope to always refer back to it for reminders. The freebie you shared about growth mindset from TPT fits perfectly. I plan to use it when we return in January to start the new year! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love when you comment. It makes my day! I like to comment back to you through email. Make sure you have that setting enabled! Have a wonderful day!!!!
Courtney

Back to Top