Bee Awesome Homework Chart

Hello!

Homework it is quite the topic! Some love it-some hate it. This year I had a good not great homework turn out. There were some homework procedures that I did not feel I did a good job implementing.  Of course we all have the "I never do homework" kids. But I will keep on fighting the struggle. #itspartofme

Last night, I was with a good friend of mine dancing thru Walmart when she started talking about a homework chart club. I of course asked, "oh! were you reading Lessons with Laughter? "She has a great homework chart club. Turns out she was looking at something else, but my friend and Molly inspired me to create my own.

Here is how homework works in Room 20. Students are assigned homework Monday-Thursday. When they bring it, a homework checker checks the assignments and then reports to me. Only problem, students were not highlighting their missing assignments in their planner. I tried to be stricted about it, but it just didn't happen. #thereisalwaysnextyear

This year, I am starting the BEE AWESOME and DO YOUR HOMEWORK  This will be a weekly check in. I also have Monthly homework party (I might do away with that) and Trimester 100% Homework Completion Awards

Here is how the BEE AWESOME and DO YOUR HOMEWORK will work. I will have my homework checkers check homework Tuesday mornings thru Friday mornings.The kids must complete all homework assignments each night for their beehive to say on the bee colony. Homework passes and/or parents notes will be credited. The kids may have ONE Honey Save per month. I understand sometimes life happens. If their beehive falls from the colony, teacher choice will be issues. I will be taking away their Fun Friday. They can read, do their makeup work or other things I have not thought of yet. #itssummer


Supplies YOU need:
Cookie Sheet (I got mine from Walmart)
Laminator
Magnetic Tape
3M Hooks

2 comments

  1. I love how you kept everything in your bee theme. I hope it keeps your students motivated all year!
    Storie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I know that visual will motivate your kiddos! Can't wait to see you in Vegas!
    ~Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love when you comment. It makes my day! I like to comment back to you through email. Make sure you have that setting enabled! Have a wonderful day!!!!
Courtney

Back to Top