Book Review: Chocolate Milk, Por Favor!

There are many reasons I love instagram, but when you find one of your favorite children's authors through a literacy followers your heart explodes with joy. Maria Dismondy is one of my favorite children's authors of all times. Why you ask? She writes books about celebrating being kind and being yourself. One of my main goals in my classroom is encourage students to always been kind and celebrate the differences in their classmates.

I reached out to Maria asking about her new book Chocolate Milk Por Favor!, she was gracious and offered to send me a copy. When the book came in the mail, I ripped up the package to find a sweet book that had been autographed.



Chocolate Milk, Por Favor! is about one little boy learning to how to be open minded and accepting people for their differences. This story is to read at the beginning of the year to model how to deal with differences in a classroom. I am going to read this to my students next week as refresher to our school rules. I love the way the author teaches lessons through out the books she writes. There is always a BIGGER PICTURE moment. I love reading picture books to my 5th graders because they are able to get the bigger picture and build upon others. Lastly, I would give this book a 5 star rating because of the life lessons kids can learn from these books.

If you buy this book or any of her other gems on Amazon, leave a rating! Like Spaghetti in a Hot Dog Bun. Clearly, I am a fan because I shared that book this year too to teach character education.


Links are provided by my Amazon Affiliate with Ramona Recommends

No comments

Hello! I love when you comment. It makes my day! I like to comment back to you through email. Make sure you have that setting enabled! Have a wonderful day!!!!
Courtney

Back to Top