Ramona Recommends' April Book Club

Hello and welcome! I am so glad you are here for Ramona Recommends' FIRST ebook club. I have to give my dad credit for the (ebook club) line. Dad! There is your first online shout-out. If we haven't officially met (online), I'm Courtney, creator of Ramona Recommends. Nice to meet you. Click here if you want to learn how I started this blog.
For a friendly reminder, you might want to follow me on Bloglovin or Google to make sure you don't miss out on each month's reveal. Eeekkk!





April's book club will run from today, Wednesday, April 2nd until Wednesday, May 7th.

For this month's discussion let's focus on the following:
1. Introduce yourself to the group: Share your name, blog/instagram name, what grade you teach, and a little bit about yourself.  *Remember, you do not need a blog to be a part of this discussion. You can just leave a comment below this post. :)

2. How might you use this novel in your classroom?

3. Please respond back to 2-3 new book club friends throughout the month. 

Don't forget to follow me for updates :)


Feel free to share the book club button on your instagram and blog pages. This is going to be fun. Again, WELCOME and thank you for your support!


Button Credits: Melonheadz and Lovin Lit and KG Fonts

8 comments

  1. Woo hoo! I am very excited to be part of this book club. My name is Martha and I have been teaching for almost 20 years. I started blogging with my teacher friend this past summer and have really enjoyed the experience. I am participating in A to Z Blogging Challenge and will have my post for The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate on Friday (that's the day for E). I welcome you to visit our blog. Thank you Courtney for such a fun adventure.

    2 Smart Wenches

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting! I just received my book from Amazon yesterday so I am anxious to get started. I'm looking forward to sharing and discussing with everyone! ~Nicole :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving this book! Thank you for such a great recommendation!

    Marcy
    Searching for Teacher Balance

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey everyone! My name is Susan and I teach 4th grade. This is my fourth year teaching and I am currently in grad school at Appalachian State! I am very excited about this book club. I have been trying to become more like the book whisperer all year. So far this book is very cute! I think this would be a good book for a Read Aloud or for book clubs. I typically don't do a whole class novel unit so I probably wouldn't use it for that. Can't wait to get to know you ladies better!

    Susan
    Adventures in 4th Grade
    Instagram username: smgibson15

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to say this was a great book. Yet, as a first grade teacher, I am unable to use it in my classroom. I feel like this would be the perfect upper elementary read, especially in a PYP school. Calpurnia's curiosity is the perfect example of inquiry. Thanks for a great read, Courtney.

    Marcy
    Searching for Teacher Balance

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I'm Courtney from Ramona Recommends. This book was amazing! I will be purchasing several copies for my classroom library one day (hopefully, next year). Great for girls- to show strong characterization!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I'm Heather and I teach fourth grade in Georgia. I've been teaching almost 20 years all in the intermediate grades.

    I forgot until I saw the new book club title that I never came back and comment on this one. I read the book over spring great and I thought it was a great historical fiction title that had a strong female main character and touched on a variety of science topics. I recommended it to a couple girls in class but nobody took me up on it this time.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved this book! Thank you so much for the recommendation. Just ordered the book for May. Hope you all had a Happy Mother's Day!

    A Teaspoon of Teaching

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love when you comment. It makes my day! I like to comment back to you through email. Make sure you have that setting enabled! Have a wonderful day!!!!
Courtney

Back to Top