Reading Makes Me Feel AMAZING!

Happy Tuesday! Can't believe CHRISTMAS is TOMORROW!

Let's get down to business. Shall we? I love children's responses to thick questions. Their answers are so innocent and the truth to a tee. There is no sugar coating just the facts. Which brings me to my next point. Today, I will be recommending a book that allows for great discussion about one of the most powerful free gifts. The gift of being able to read.
This book is simple. Not a lot of bells and whistles. It provides true hard facts about why being able to read feels good. One can read street signs, labels, learn about new places, or find animals at the zoo. Even though it has a primary feel, much rich discussion can come from older readers. Reading is such an important life skill. Can’t really do life without the gift of being able to read. I love to read this book when coming back to school after a long break. I use this with 4th and 5th graders.  It helps the kids refocus on why they are in school. TO LEARN.  Even though the pictures are more primary elementary, students can use the pictures as a base. 

I have included a freebie for your students to write why reading makes them feel good. When I was getting my reading masters, I had my clinic student do this activity. Her response: Reading is the key to the world. Without reading we are powerless. She is in fifth grade. #criticalthinker! Click on the pictures to go straight to the freebie. Leaving positive comments makes me happy! :)
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Reading-Makes-Me-Feel-Printable-1029470

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Reading-Makes-Me-Feel-Printable-1029470

Have a wonderful Merry Christmas!!!!

No comments

Hello! I love when you comment. It makes my day! I like to comment back to you through email. Make sure you have that setting enabled! Have a wonderful day!!!!
Courtney

Back to Top