From The Heart

Hi Open the Magic Readers,

Today, I would like to take this time to open my heart and share a little piece of my puzzle. Let me first start off by saying I CAN NOT believe Monday is June 1st. Where did the year go? If you have been following me from the beginning of Ramona Recommends, you know I have had quite the road trip of getting back into the classroom like so many other wonderful educators. I did have my own classroom, but because of budget cuts was let go. I had to swallow my pride and do jobs that sometimes I felt just like the "help". But guess what, it was ALLL worth it. I gained insightful knowledge from the teachers I worked with/for and was able to start Ramona Recommends. At the time, I of course felt upset and frustrated because I wasn't in my own classroom, but in hindsight I won. This year God blessed with "my right place". I prayed night and day for 4 years.  I did not want just a job, I wanted a place that I would call home. I believe I was put on earth to share my love of life and books with kids. I hold kindheartedly love love love the profession of teaching. Yes, sometimes I want to cry because I am overwhelmed with the amount of extra work, but in the end it is worth it. I believe I have worked so hard to be where I am today. Want to read how it all started in room 20? Each morning, I wake up thrilled to go to work. My kids, my team and my colleagues are my second family.

Last week, I watched my 5th graders investigate, help each other, and give encouragement to their classmates. It was a proud moment for me. I have seen this many times before, but last week it pulled on my heartstrings. I am fortunate to be working with students who have good hearts and know how to be kind. Each morning, I stand at the door welcoming my students with a smile. I want them to know I am excited they are here. At 2:50 each day, I stand at my door with my hand ready to high five my 28 rays of sunshine. It is our tradition.

Our last day is June 18th and quite frankly I am not ready to say good-bye. This group has been SUCH a pleasure to teach this year. I even had one student memorize the periodic table. #that'sdedication. I hope they always remember my classroom motto, "Let your HEART be your Compass!"-Lady Antebellum I love you Room 20!!!


2 comments

  1. Thanks for sharing this story. It hit home tonight as I read it. I have been a principal with the same district for 10 years and decided to make a big change for this upcoming school year. I felt I needed a change of environment. I'm letting my heart be my compass. Thanks- Stephanie from Principal Principles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize this when I met you. What a great story. Hopefully this will be me this summer as I am looking for a class of my own.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love when you comment. It makes my day! I like to comment back to you through email. Make sure you have that setting enabled! Have a wonderful day!!!!
Courtney

Back to Top