The Liebster Award

The Liebster Award
I’m beyond excited to be nominated for the Liebster Award I can hardly contain myself! Thank you Suzanne at Create.Educate.Inspire for nominating me! It means so much!!

A little about the Liebster award:

The Liebster Award is an award for new blogs. Liebster is a German word that means: BELOVED, CUTE, LOVELY, DEAREST, and WELCOME. 

To accept the nomination I must: 

1. Link back to the blog that nominated me

2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers

3. Answer the questions posted for me by my nominator (Suzanne)
4. Share 11 random facts about myself
5. Create 11 questions for my nominees
6. Contact my nominees and let them know I nominated them 
Here are my nominees:
Twenty Something Teacher

This blog is to die for! Chelsea's love for teaching and fashion has me super excited every time I see she has a new blog post. Her southern charm is welcoming too!

http://fifthgradewitandwhimsy.blogspot.com/
Chelsea at 5th Grade Wit and Whimsy is a great upper grade blog. I love when I find upper grade blogs- makes my heart happy! She also loves photography and each Sunday she posts her vision!

I found Missing Tooth Grins while I was browsing instagram the other night. I fell in love with her classroom theme of SWEETS. It is precious. Her upbeat personality shines through her writing.

Literacy Loves Company
You know when you find a blog that you just can't stop reading because it has so many GREAT ideas? Well, that happened to me when I found literacy loves company! What a wonderful resource for upper grades! :)


Krazy About Teaching
Every time I read this blog it makes me smile. I just love her fun and colorful ideas! Krazy about Teaching is a 1st grade teacher.

Questions from Suzanne!
1. What grade do you teach? Do you love it or would you switch grades?
Currently, I work as an instructional assistant doing math and reading intervention for 5th graders. I use to teach 4th grade. :) My ideal grade to teach would be 4th grade. I have spent time in all elementary grades, but I feel my knack is 3-5th grade. 
 
2. What is your biggest pet peeve in the classroom?
My minor pet peeve is the pencil issue of 1801. Will someone please find a cure! haha
Major pet peeve when students are not honest. 
 
3. What inspired you to start blogging?
A very close family friend passed away and I needed something to help me deal with my emotions. We both loved children's literature. I am so happy that I was sent that angel message. :)

4. What is one teaching supply you couldn’t live without?
Post-it notes. Can I get an ahem! 
 
5. What is your favorite lesson to teach?
I love teaching how to talk with your text. Anything with reading comprehension I heart!

6. What is your favorite dessert recipe?
There is nothing better than a  good home made chocolate chip cookie. Click HERE to 
download this recipe.  

7. How do you spend your weekends?
Saturdays are usually spent going to my turbo kick box class, lunch with friends, errands, and a fun Saturday night. Sundays are usually spent going to church, having lunch, and preparing for the week. 
 
8. Coffee or Pop?
I do not drink Coffee. I have recently given up soda except for 1-2 a week. :)
 
9. Share a technology resource that you love using in your classroom.
 Omg! I love the app Educreations. It is amazing! I can record mini lessons to use with my students. I even had students create their own mini lessons on math topics to share with the class before a test. It is so AMAZING!!! 

10. What is your favorite children’s book to read to your students?
Alice the Fairy- David Shannon
The message- We can all do what we set our minds to!

11. What is your typical bedtime on a school night?
10:30 or 11:00pm There is just so much to do in life! :) 
 
 
 Here are 11 random facts about myself:
 
1. I am left handed
2. I have an incredible memory- like I can remember what I wore on my first day of Freshman year of high school. 
3. I prefer to write in pencil over pen.
4. Favorite movie- My Best Friend's Wedding
5. Nordstrom and LOFT are my go to stores.
6. I can not stand to be late- it makes me very nervous
7. I have had my toes painted for the last 15 years. 
8. I will be thirty in 2 months and 2 days. 
9. I went to the University of Arizona for BA and Cal State Fullerton for my MS
10. To relieve stress I workout. 
11. I must always pray before I go to bed. 
 
 Here are my 11 questions for my nominees: 
 
1. What do you pack in your lunch for school?
2. What is your favorite font to use on your teaching materials?
3. Favorite teacher supply?
4. What word do you say a lot?
5. Do you play music for your students?
6. What grade do you teach? Private or Public School?
7. What are 3 of your favorite blogs to read?
8. What is your personal style? Link up a picture from pinterest.
9. What is your favorite holiday?
10. Share your favorite reading lesson you taught this year?
11. Favorite TV show?
 
Can't wait to learn about YOU! Congratulations! :)
  

8 comments

  1. I can't stand to be late either!!!! I get very anxious. I am so glad you were sent that angel message. :) Keep your head up girl! you are doing great! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! This means a lot. :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats Courtney, and thanks for the links to the other bloggers! I get excited when I can add another 5th grade blog to my blog feed - there aren't enough of us!

    I'm having my first link-up.. the theme is "teacher outfits". Stop by if you get a chance!

    http://performinginfifth.blogspot.com/2014/02/teacher-outfits-linkup.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I tried going to the link you provided, but it did not work.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the nomination Courtney! I've been nominated a few times prior to this! Definitely an honor. :)
    Chelsea
    Fifth Grade Wit and
    Whimsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Courtney,
    Thank you so much for the Liebster nomination. Someone DOES read my blog! :) It has taken me awhile to fulfill the requirements, but was able to do it today. Thanks again!
    ~Tammy
    LiteracyLovesCompany

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved learning a little bit more about you! I'm a leftie as well! I love your blogging inspiration as well. What a great way to honor someone you care about and help teachers learn about great books at the same time!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love when you comment. It makes my day! I like to comment back to you through email. Make sure you have that setting enabled! Have a wonderful day!!!!
Courtney

Back to Top