Ramona Recommends LOVES {Valentine's Edition}

I LOVE Valentine's Day! For me, it is not about having a boyfriend, a husband (which I do not), but it's about LOVE. I firmly believe we should LOVE everyday, but I like to LOVE extra on Valentine's Day. Valentine's Day lets me indulge on anything and everything. I can wear hearts, frills, and glitter and everyone smiles. Since today is about LOVE, I thought I would share with you my TOP 10 items I HEART! Since this is RAMONA RECOMMENDS look for 10 book recommendations that I HEART through out this post. :)  

NUMBER 1: Essie's FIJI Nail Polish 
I love this polish because it is sweet and classy. It looks pretty fantastic when I am tan too.  It reminds me of Fancy Nancy as she swirls and twirls in her girly princess dress. 


Number 2: Ticonderoga Pencils
Confession: I totally just got super excited because I realized that these pencils were my number two pick and they are #2 pencils. :) The smell when these babies are sharpen can make me smile ear to ear. A good sharp Ticonderoga can make any to-do list or lesson plan worth writing. I have a secret stash that I do not let anyone touch. The Little Red Pen has a pencil just like this one in her fantastic personification twisted story! My stash is a bit obessive (I confess, again). Can I get an ahem!?


Number 3: Arbonne's Vanilla Protein Shake 
My sister is an Arbonne Rep and she asked me to do a 30 daily Cleanse Challenge with her. At first, I fought and whined and whined A LOT more! I don't do change real well.  About 11 years ago, I decided to get my life back. I have lost 70 pounds since January 12, 2003. I wanted to do the challenge, but I was afraid if I couldn't hold to it I would be a failure. I have a really weird digestive system. So, usually these things do not work. Most protein shakes make me gag. BUT! Not this one! It is AMAZING! I look forward to it every morning. Today, I added Strawberries and Banana for a valentine treat! It made me happy. This challenge is amazing and has helped me make BIG changes in my eating habits. Before I started, I ate pretty healthy. Now, I have gone from 15 diet soda's a week to 1-2 a week. This is HUGE! I have also committed to drinking 90 ounces of water daily, drinking this fab shake, and cutting out dairy and gluten during the week. Now my friends, I cheat to stay normal. Sometimes I have Chick-fila, cheese, and more. I just really try to cut where I can. I started January 25 and I have a seen results in my face, shoulders, and stomach. Since I add everything and the ice maker to my shake, I feel the appropriate book to recommend in this section is Everything on a Waffle. I am excited! Overall, I just feel healthier! (This is just my personal opinion, everyone is different, do what is best for you!)

Number 4: Starbucks 24 Ounce Tumbler
Yes, I am the person who goes into Starbucks and just orders water. I do get oatmeal or something, but its water instead of coffee. Starbuck's water is so refreshing. I had a colleague at work tell me her 5 year old daughter has the same sentiments. I love this tumbler because it helps me drink buckets of water during the day. I fill it up in the morning before work and refill all day long. There is something about a straw that makes water so much more desirable. This tumbler can be put into the dishwasher. I recommend getting this one versus the smaller sizes. I have both and always reach for this one. Since ducks live in the water, Make Way for Ducklings is the perfect story to share.


Number 5: Vera Bradley VERA Tote


Anything with red, white, yellow, and blue I probably LOVE. I love my Vera Bradley Vera tote in Happy Snails. This pattern has been discontinued, but any pattern in the VERA is well worth the money. It is roomy and can fit textbooks, papers to grade, markers, cell phones, lunch bags, and more. When I was accepted into my masters program at Cal State Fullerton, this was a gift from my parents. She is still going strong 2.5 years later. I just looked down at her, she might need a handle wash, but other than that she is looking pretta! My bag almost looks like another Camilla in A Bad Case of Stripes. PSA: This is Ramona Recommends ALL time favorite picture book. The message of being yourself is quite empowering! 


Number 6: Erin Condren Life Planner
I love my Erin Condren Life Planner. I have always been a planner. To be able to write my events down in a fabulous cute colorful calendar can make a frown turn upside down. My favorite part of the whole part is the clear plastic pounch in the back. It is great my blogging business cards, tutoring cards, and more! When I was in college, I would write my homework down in a planner just like Al Capone (jk) I do love this book- Al Capone does my Homework!


Number 7: Melonheadz Clip Art and KG Fonts
Before I started making my own products to sell on Teachers Pay Teachers, I did not know about these two fabulous ladies. Melonheadz Illustrations has the BEST clip art from teacher creations to birthday party invites. Her clip art is made from the heart and is just wonderful. Do fun fonts make everything better? Umm, YES! KG Fonts has the best selection of FREE fonts. If you are going to use them commercially, they are 5 dollars a font or you can buy a bundle at a discount counted price. I also want to give a shout out to HELLO fonts and Kevin and Amanda Free Fonts too. All of these companies are wonderful and they deserve a spot on Ramona Recommends TOP 10 LOVE!  I picked the piggy clip art because I LOVE pigs and so does Kristy Yamaguchi. Her picture book Dream Big Little Pig, is darling and how approritate to read during the 2014 Winter Olympics. 


Number 8:  Wit and Wisdom (Nordstrom) /Loft Skinny Jeans

I will start out by saying I own almost every color of Loft's Modern Skinny Jeans and I own 3 pairs of Nordstrom's Black Wit and Wisdom jeans. The quality of both of these brands is incredible. I have a hard time finding skinny jeans that fit because my momma blessed me with some hips! ha I could seriously shout it from the roof tops how much I love these pants. They fit all shapes and sizes. You won't be disappointed if you try them on! PROMISE! I wonder how the Principal's New Clothes worked for him??!!! I think I got the better end of the deal! 


Number 9: Alex and Ani Bracelets 
I started with my initial C and now I have about 25 of these made in America bracelets. I love how each one has a dear meaning behind the metal. Obviously, I had to show you the teacher bracelet! :) They are high quality and look good with mixed metals. In fact, you should mix your metals- it's fashionable :) If you are wondering, where you can find this gem, go to the Alex and Ani website or your local Nordstroms! Like the bracelets, Bully holds meaning in my life. As a teacher and advocate for anti-bullying, I want to raise awareness to this rising epidemic. No child should feel scared to go to school. School should be their safe place to grow.


Number 10: Post-it Notes
If you know me personally, you are probably laughing because you know how many post-it notes I own. A few Christmases ago, I went through my post-it note stash and got rid of an entire Nordstrom Large Shopping bag filled. Don't worry teachers; I gave them to family, friends, and teachers. I LOVE post-it notes! There is something about them that makes the words written on them magical. The sound of the stick from the last post-it note-WONDERFUL! I sometimes just write a reminder down that I already did just to use a post-it note and to check it off. The super sticky are my favorite because they DO NOT move. I agree, sometimes that isn't a good thing.  Speaking of post-it notes, I am looking at one right now and its reminding me to chat about the book DOT. This is a funny little take on the new technology world! Umm! Can we discuss? How I just learned when I was linking this book, it's written by the founder of Facebook's sister. Hello last name alert! duha!

Lastly, I will leave you with a book to share in my love for Valentine's Day--Double Pink. I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day! 

Share with me- what are your LOVES?

Here is a little video of the all the books I recommended... ENJOY!




LAST THING! I am so in LOVE about my new blog business cards that came from Vista Prints today!!!! I feel so official and that pen even makes it better!!!! HAPPY DANCE!





*I did not receive any compensation for this post. This is just my personal opinion of products I use in my everyday life! xo

1 comment

  1. I love your business cards. I am in need of having some made. Did you design them yourself and have VistaPrint print them?

    Marcy
    Searching for Teacher Balance

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love when you comment. It makes my day! I like to comment back to you through email. Make sure you have that setting enabled! Have a wonderful day!!!!
Courtney

Back to Top