It's Beginning to look a lot like CHRISTMAS

Hello! Thank you for joining me for the 1st Annual 12 Days of Ramona Recommends

Get excited because for the next 12 days I will be spreading good cheer and sharing with you my favorite Christmas picture books. I will also be sprinkling in some of my all time favorites! Get your pencils ready to start creating your, "I want THAT" for my Christmas list or "My kids would totally dig this" book list. FYI :) I am not responsible for your Dec/Jan credit card statement that reads "Children's books" for 3 statement pages long. Just Sayin!

On the first day of Ramona Recommends Ramona brought to me...
There is something so magical about Christmas time. Doesn't matter the age. At 29, I still get excited when I see my parent's house decorated with red and green. One of my favorite Christmas memories is baking Christmas cookies with my mom. My sisters and I would eat them on Christmas Eve until our bellies felt sick.  I always tell my friends, "My parent's house blows up Christmas." When they take everything down it looks like they just moved in.  Fancy Nancy agrees with me. She thinks Christmas SPENDIFEROUS! This holiday treat is about Fancy Nancy's traditions leading up to the best day in December, the 25th. If know you Fancy, not everything goes as planned, but it always turns out to be Spendiferous! 
GREAT IN THE CLASSROOM FOR: Problem and Solution, Christmas Traditions

I know I recommend a lot of books catered to girls so I wanted to give a shout out to my boy readers! Without further ado...Who doesn't like the traditional Night Before Christmas? It is a classic and I am sure most of you reading this have a copy in your Christmas book stack. Philip Yates does his own rendition with the help of his pirate friends. He follows the same story line, but the pirates come ashore with the help of 8 tiny seashore. Boys of all ages will love with this story! If you teach about sailing what a fun way to celebrate a little cheer.

See you tomorrow!

No comments

Hello! I love when you comment. It makes my day! I like to comment back to you through email. Make sure you have that setting enabled! Have a wonderful day!!!!
Courtney

Back to Top